You Need Mulch, Kids Need Camp!
It's a Perfect Fit!
Registration is required for this event
Register Below Now!
How It Works
Your landscaping budget goes a lot further than just your yard!
Competition charges $10 per bag to have your mulch laid
Johnson's Garden Center has generously allowed us to offer Johnson's Quality Mulch at $6.00 per bag (retail price is $9.99 for 3 cu ft bag)
We purchase, deliver and apply mulch for you
You pay Young Life the amount for the Mulch Cost + a donation for camp scholarships
Competition: 50 bags at $10/bag = $500 to a landscaping company
Mulch Madness: 50 bags at $6.00/bag = $300.00 to cover YL's cost + a donation
to YL for camp scholarships
YOU get mulch. KIDS get camp.
Signing Up Is As Easy As 1, 2, 3!
Step 1: Click HERE to register
Step 2: Determine number of bags
Step 3: Pick a time frame
When Is This Available?
When you register, pick a time frame that fits you best and we will schedule
you in those dates!
Option #1: Spring Break March 20th - 25th
Option #2: April 1st - April 8th
Option #3: April 15th - April 22nd
Option #4: April 29th -- May 6th
Option #5: May 13th -- May 20th
Option #6: After May 20th
Why Johnson's mulch?
- After years in the "mulch business", we have discovered that our customers are most satisfied with a high quality mulch. This year, we offering Johnson's cedar mulch at this discounted price of $6.00 per bag. Johnson's Garden Center is generous to support Young Life by purchasing in bulk.
Can we use other mulch, but still have kids lay it and donate?
- Yes! If you have a special type of mulch you'd like to use, we can pick it up for you, bring it to your house, and mulch your yard. In this case, you would pay the mulch provider directly. When the mulch job is complete, you would only write a donation check to Young Life.
How many bags do I need?
- One 3 cubic foot bag will cover approximately 18 square feet 2 inches deep. ALWAYS estimate high! If you order too many bags, we will not charge you for the bags you do not use! It is more difficult to find more bags of mulch in the middle of a job if we are short.
What if I order too many bags?
- We will not charge you for the bags you do not use!
Do I need to be home?
- We would prefer you be home, but it is not required! A lot of our customers enjoy being home while the mulch crew is working. It is a fun opportunity to meet the kids you are sending to camp and learn their names and story! If that is impossible, we can do it for you while you are away as long as you give us details if you have special preferences or requests!
Can I request which ministry of kids I want to mulch my yard?
- Yes! Please request this on your sign up form. We will work very hard to coordinate that for you if you have a preference. However, this is dependent on their availability.
How do I schedule a Mulch job at my house?
- Pick a date time frame that works for you. We will contact you and find a date that works for both you and an available team of kids.
Can I have my business mulched?
- Yes! We have mulched for churches and small businesses in the past!
When do I pay?
- You can pay at the time your yard is mulched! If for some reason that does not work for you, we will leave you with an invoice and you can mail us your payment!
How do I pay?
- We accept cash or check. You may pay at the time of your mulch service OR you can send in your payment for the amount that covers your mulch cost and whatever donation amount you choose to give to 6505 E. Central #318, Wichita, 67206.